Reference Code: #J1117-0564
The Bank of Canada
Last Date: 26th November, 2017
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
Under the general direction of the Director, SASS, the Program Manager is responsible for managing and providing oversight to a collection of teams acting in Business System Analysis, business architecture, business support and Account Risk Management. Working in tandem, these business units are responsible for administering application and business support, for undertaking related initiatives to ensure the continuity of business line operations, and for administering the Financial Crimes Risk Management Framework. The group performs high-quality analysis and establishes appropriate standards, rigour and discipline in the business line work processes.
- contribute to the development of business plans and effective operational risk framework for the business line by providing assessments of the risk and value of initiatives proposed for the business line
- manage a complex portfolio of strategic, tactical, and core projects and present tangible workplans and business cases to business line leadership and governance committees; Liaise with ITS to coordinate and align workplan priorities, strategic planning, relevant service-level agreements (SLAs), as well as ensuring a smooth transition to operations.
- support and lead, as required, the development and approval business cases and manages the schedule, costs, quality and requirements of the initiatives through all phases, from inception to completion; monitor progress and act as the central point of contact for initiatives under the portfolio
- understand business objectives, partner with business units on meeting these objectives, and ensure that team members are working together to achieve these objectives by fostering a culture of collaboration
- provide advice to Banking Operations management and colleagues in the areas of standards and compliance, planning and prioritization practices, budget planning processes, and risk-management frameworks, ensuring consistent and harmonized approaches
- lead the Financial crime risk management framework
- Education and Experience:We are looking for someone who can define and manage large strategic projects therefore it’s important for this person to understand the business operational needs and align them to the different solutions meanwhile being able to articulate a vision, strategies and plans to steer the program in the right direction.
- Certification in project management (PMP or equivalent)
- ACAMS certification and experience managing financial crimes
- Experience managing operational and/or departmental risks
- Experience leading business initiatives and contributing to ITS-enabled business projects and programs
- Foundational knowledge in risk management methodologies and best practice
- Banking Operations business line knowledge
- Knowledge of the Canadian Payments landscape
Expect from us:
- The salary range for this position is typically from $110,918 to $129,404 (job grade 19)
- Performance pay for successfully meeting or exceeding expectations (7 to 10% or 15% of your salary, respectively)
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental, disability and life and/or accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Indexed, defined-benefit pension plan
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.