Reference Code: #J1117-0573
The Bank of Canada
Last Date: 26th November, 2017
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Advisor (plays a pivotal role in delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management portfolio, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). You act as the CRO’s delegate as required and are responsible for bringing leading edge risk practices to support the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Bank’s ERM program. You are a pragmatic risk expert with a successful track record in program development and implementation.
Responsibilities:As ERM Advisor, you will act for the CRO when required. You will participate on relevant governance committees related to Bank risks and provide expert risk advice and challenge to the risk owners and to the CRO. You provide risk leadership to the ERM team and to risk owners; this includes researching and implementing leading edge ERM practises and chairing a cross-departmental committee of risk leaders. Furthermore, you take a lead role in executing the Bank’s annual risk assessment process. You proactively contribute to building the Bank’s risk culture, acting as a champion and gaining stakeholder support for the Bank’s risk management approach. You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure ERM program alignment across all Bank departments.
Education and Experience:
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline and at least 8 years of relevant experience in risk management or a related field
- an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- knowledge of leading-edge ERM concepts, principles and frameworks
- strong organizational skills, client-focused orientation and commitment to providing quality service
- proven leadership and influencing skills: comfortable with decision-making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others
- strong analytic skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into clear and concise messages
- ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
- excellent communication skills in the creation and delivery of written reports, presentations and group facilitation activities
- ability to establish and develop enduring, effective networks and trusted professional relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
Expect from us
- The salary range for this position is typically from $125,553to $146,478 (job grade 20)
- Performance pay for successfully meeting or exceeding expectations (7 to 10% or 15% of your salary, respectively)
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental, disability and life and/or accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
click above to apply