Last Date:September 2, 2018
The Bank of Canada
Our vision is to be “A leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” At its core is a commitment to reinforce a culture of innovation in all that we do, through a workplace that values diversity and openness, fosters different perspectives and challenges the status quo.Our vision is to be “A leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” At its core is a commitment to reinforce a culture of innovation in all that we do, through a workplace that values diversity and openness, fosters different perspectives and challenges the status quo.
- participate in the conduct of monetary policy, help promote the safety and efficiency of our financial and payment systems, assist in managing the government’s public debt
- programs and foreign exchange reserves, and support the design, issuance and distribution of Canada’s bank notes
- develop leading-edge research ideas and produce high-quality research papers related to the broad responsibilities of the Bank’s functional areas
- conduct policy analysis and brief senior management on matters related to the responsibilities of the functional areas
- collaborate with colleagues within the Bank and from other organizations to develop research ideas, as well as produce and disseminate research
- build relationships with external parties, e.g., government and international agencies, other central banks, financial market participants and organizations, and
- outside academics, to share knowledge, research and analysis
Education and Experience:
Education: a recent (completed after 1 January 2010) or forthcoming (completed in 2018) PhD in economics or finance.
Knowledge and Skills:
research skills: the ability to undertake in-depth and high quality research projects that are publishable in top-tier, peer-reviewed academic journals fields of expertise: through research in one or more of the following relevant areas of research, depending on specific needs of the Bank’s functional areas: macroeconomics and monetary economicsbanking and payment systemsdigital economy international economicsglobal commodity marketsfinancial economicsfinancial markets and institutions labour and demographic economics mathematical and quantitative methods industrial organizationlaw and economics
Expect from US:
- Salary:$100,117 and Can$133,489.
- Hiring bonus:payments to a total maximum of up to 30% of your base salary.
- Performance pay:(7 to 10% of your base salary)
Note:We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
click above to apply