Last Date: 27th November,2017
The Bank of Canada
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position:
A student work placement at the Bank of Canada is an excellent opportunity for college and university students to gain knowledge, skills and experience in their chosen field. A career in cyber security at the Bank of Canada is an opportunity to defend a key piece of Canada’s critical national infrastructure against increasing cyber security threats.
Position Type:Short term
Position Length:January to April 2018
Number of Positions:1
Salary Range:$17.10 and $20.52
- provide and update digital identities using established processes that comply with the Bank’s security policies and technical security standards
- process requests to create and renew internal and external digital signature and encryption certificates
- Provide desk-side support for clients with file and email encryption requirements as well as for the secure transmission of data into and out of the Bank
- maintain working knowledge of the technical security policies, standards and processes related to digital identity management that are used at the Bank
- able to work a variable work schedule based on operational requirements
Education and experience:
currently enrolled in a college or university undergraduate or graduate program in a field related to computer science, software engineering, information management or equivalent• English or French essential• practical experience in a Microsoft working environment (e.g., Office, Outlook, Excel)
knowledge and skills:
We are looking for a strong team player who has the ability to plan and organize work, anticipate needs, ask for clarification when required and react quickly to change. You maintain consistent attention to detail and monitor the quality of your work.
Expect from us:
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- The salary range at hire for this position is typically between $17.10 and $20.52 (hourly) (job grade 12).
Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Must be eligible for secret clearance
- English or French essential
- There will be no relocation assistance provided
click above to apply