Last Date: 3rd December, 2017
Canada’s central bank
As Canada’s central bank, the Bank of Canada’s vision is to be “A leading central bank-dynamic, engaged and trusted-committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position:As an Applications Developer, you help to support, maintain and implement innovative enhancements to key applications at the Bank of Canada. Reporting to the Assistant Director within the Business Strategy and Transformation team, you are responsible for and will help support the business processes, applications and tools for the Corporate Administration portfolio. You collaborate with vendors, clients and colleagues and use application life cycle management principles and software development life cycle methodologies. You also identify user requirements, assess available technologies and recommend best solutions to meet clients’ needs.
You will research and monitor technology developments and industry trends; assess their applicability, functionality and reliability for the Bank; and recommend cloud-based or on-premises technologies that will achieve the client’s business objectives and enhance quality and productivity. You will configure, extend and develop tools to meet business requirements while ensuring alignment of data, security, infrastructure and applications architectures.
Number of Positions:1
Salary Range:$68,870 to $80,348
Education and experience:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- a minimum of five years of work experience, including developing/supporting systems with a relational database back end, such as SQL Server or MySQL
- a minimum of five years of experience in the large-scale/enterprise-wide installation and customization of “off-the-shelf” applications
knowledge and skills:
As an Applications Developer, you have a strong business acumen with the ability to capture and translate business requirements into viable, resilient and secure application solutions. You have experience with the design, delivery and operational support of IT solutions (custom and commercial off-the-shelf systems and platforms, both on-premises and cloud-based) to meet business needs.
experience with SharePoint for migrating content
- experience developing Web Parts and application pages using Visual Studio
- a fundamental understanding of SharePoint services and standard searches, as well as Enterprise SharePoint search services
- experience with Microsoft Dynamics for configuration, reporting and troubleshooting
Expect from us:
The salary range at hire for this position is typically from $68,870 to $80,348 (job grade 15), when you meet all qualifications and experience
- Performance pay for successfully meeting or exceeding expectations (5 to 7% or 10% of your salary, respectively)
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental, disability and life/accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Indexed, defined-benefit pension plan for permanent employment, and an option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service for term employment
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
click above to apply