Jammu and Kashmir Bank Limited was incorporated on 1st October, 1938 and commenced its business from 4th July, 1939 at in Kashimir (India). The Bank was the first in the country as a State owned bank. According to the extended Central laws of the state, Jammu & Kashmir Bank was defined as a govt. Company as per the provision of Indian companies act 1956. In the year 1971, the Bank received the status of scheduled bank. It was declared as “A” Class Bank by RBI in 1976. Today the bank has more than 500 branches across the country and has recently become a billion Dollar Company. the bank Governed by the Companies Act and Banking Regulation Act of India and Regulated by the Reserve Bank of India and SEBI. It is Listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and 53 per cent owned by the Government of J&K. The bank has the following unique characteristics:
– Private sector Bank despite government holding 53 per cent of equity.
– Sole banker and lender of last resort to the Government of J & K.
– Plan and non -plan funds, taxes and non-tax revenues routed through the bank.
– Salaries of Government offcials disbursed by the Bank.
– Only private sector bank designated as agent of RBI for banking.
– Carries out banking business of the Central Government.
– Collects taxes pertaining to Central Board of Direct Taxes in J & K.
Selection procedure includes Written Test – Objective. Objective test is consisting of Test of Reasoning Ability, Test of Quantitative Aptitude, and Test of General Awareness on current developments. And this procedure will be followed by a GD and PI for the candidates who clear the written test.