Indian Bank is a premier bank owned by the Government of India. It was established on 15th August 1907 as part of the Swadeshi movement. Now it is serving the nation with a team of over 22000 dedicated staff.The bank has total Business crossed Rs.1,24,413 Crores as on 31.03.2009, Operating Profit increased to Rs. 2228.83 Crores as on 31.03.2009, Net Profit increased to Rs.1245.32 Crores as on 31.03.2009. It is serving the nation with 1657 Branches spread all over. The bank has a very good international presence with Overseas branches in Singapore and Colombo including a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and 240 Overseas Correspondent banks in 70 countries. It has 3 subsidiary companies also those are Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd, IndBank Housing Ltd., IndFund Management Ltd. It is a front runner in specialised banking having 90 Forex Authorised branches inclusive of 1 Specialised Overseas Branch at Chennai.A Leader in Rural Development and a pioneer in introducing the latest technology in Banking.
Process of selection includes Written Test which will be of Objective type and an Interview. The Objective Test consists of (i) Reasoning ability (ii) Numerical ability (iv) English (v) Socio-Economic, Banking Awareness and Computer Awareness. There will be negative marks for the wrong. Short listed candidates in the order of ranking in the written test as per the cut-off marks determined by the Bank shall be called for interview.
A premier Public Sector, Government of India Undertaking
• Established on 15th August 1907 as part of the Swadeshi movement
• Serving the nation with a team of over 20661 dedicated staff as on 30.09.2016
• Total Business crossed Rs.3,04,425 Crores as on 30.09.2016
• Operating Profit : Rs.1909.39 Crores as on 30.09.2016
• Net Profit : Rs.712.50 Crore as on 30.09.2016
• Core Banking Solution(CBS) in all 2604 branches as on 30.11.2016
• Information Systems & Security processes certified with ISO27001:2013 standard and is amongst very few Banks certified worldwide.
• Overseas branches in Singapore , Colombo including a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna
• 227 Overseas Correspondent banks in 75 countries
66, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai 600 001,