Last Date:8th December, 2017
Reserve Bank of India (RBI / Bank)
The Reserve Bank of India Services Board, hereinafter referred to as ‘Board’, would admit to the interviews all the candidates applying for this post with the requisite fee/intimation charges (wherever applicable) on the basis of the information furnished in the ON-LINE application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage i.e. interview stage. If at that stage, it is found that any information furnished in the ON-LINE application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Board, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview.
- Age (as on 01/11/2017): The applicant should be below 34 years of age. (For relaxation in upper age, please refer to Para 3-I below).
- Educational Qualifications (to be completed as on 01/11/2017): Ph.D. in areas of Economics or Finance from reputed universities (Indian or Foreign) is the minimum required educational qualification. The Bank will also look at those with interest and expertise in related areas in econometrics, computational and theoretical economics. High quality research potential and communication skills of international standards are essential.
On regular appointment (on permanent basis) with a probation period or
On contract basis.
Pay scale: Selected Candidates will draw a basic pay of Rs.42,150/- p.m. (four advance increments to candidates in the basic pay) in the scale of Rs.35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400 applicable to Officers in Grade ‘B’. They will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Special Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs.82,745/-.
Specific areas of our research interest include Monetary economics, e-banking and financial institutions, central banking, corporate finance, financial markets, financial regulation, financial stability, household finance, liquidity, payment systems and related areas of macro finance such as real‐financial sector linkages and international economics and finance. Candidates will be expected to do policy oriented research to assist in RBI’s economic policy formulation. Candidates should have the ability, background, and motivation to conduct quality research independently and also help develop a vibrant research environment. Candidates will also be expected to conduct high quality original research directed at the top economics and finance journals.
(i) up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe, if the posts are reserved for them;
(ii) up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates, if the posts are reserved for them;
(iii) up to a maximum of five years, if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989;
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply only online using the website www.rbi.org.in. No other means / mode of application will be accepted. Instructions for filling up online applications are available at Appendix–I which is available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, photograph, signature, fee, etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the last completed applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Board and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of or for any reason beyond the control of the Board.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
- In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of interviews, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in interview, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Board’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
NOTE: Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any original certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Interview only. Candidates belonging to the OBC category should have OBC certificate issued on or after 01 Nov, 2016. The candidates applying for the posts should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions. Their admission to Interview will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Interview, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the interview will be cancelled by the Board. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Board. A candidate who is or has been declared by the Board to be guilty of:
click above to apply